If you are appearing for exams to get employed in the government sector then you must have heard of the Staff Selection Commission, commonly known as SSC. It is an institution that recruits eligible candidates to various posts in ministries, departments, and organizations of the Government of India. Every year it holds several exams that help students get significant job profiles and salaries. One of the most sought-after exams conducted by SSC is the Combined Higher Secondary Level. Candidates who have passed the 12th standard or equal are eligible to take the exam. Such a basic qualification necessity makes it one of the most favored exams. Through this article, we will look into the job profile of candidates who pass SSC CHSL and also the salary is given. Take a break from the syllabus and look into the prospects of this article. Now without any further ado and let’s understand what to expect.
What Is The Job Profile After Success In SSC CHSL Exam?
SSC opens multiple job possibilities for candidates who successfully pass all the stages of its exams. Once you particularly pass the SSC CHSL exam you will have a diverse job profile you can be posted on the following positions –
- Data Entry Operator (DEO) – DEO does the job of joining the data into the computer under different departments and ministries.
- Data Entry Operator (DEO) Grade A – The Data Entry Operator (DEO) does the work of entering the data into the computer under various departments and ministries. Therefore, one needs to have an exceptional typing speed for this post.
- Postal Assistant (PA)/Sorting Assistant (SA) – These are accountable for the easy and smooth working of the service. Apart from this, they are also liable for the sorting of consignments according to areas and entry of the same into the system.
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA) – LDCs generally function in the administrative area of different departments and ministries under the central government. Involves daily office duties, for instance, keeping the data, files, and records of the office routinely.
One of the other and most in-demand exams conducted by the Staff Selection Commission is the SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGL). Read about all the prospects related to the SSC CGL examination.
What Is The Salary Given To SSC CHSL Qualifiers?
SSC exams are most recognized amongst the youth of India because once a candidate qualifies for SSC exams they get diverse opportunities to work with security and get a lucrative salary, perks, and allowance. Of all the exams conducted by SSC, SSC CHSL is one of those that draws lakhs of applicants every year who have attained 10+2 standard exams. Candidates aspire to grab a promising career through the CHSL exam because of its prospects let’s find out more about SSC CHSL salary from the points below.
- The CHSL salary structure is managed by the 7th pay commission. After passing the exam suppose you have joined the post of Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA) then you get a pay band of Rs. 5200-20200 and the grade pay of Rs.1900 (pre-revised).
- If you join as the Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA), Data Entry Operator (DEO), or a Data Entry Operator – Grade A then you get a pay band of Rs. 5200-20200 and grade pay of Rs. 2400 (pre-revised).
- Besides the salary structure candidates are given dearness allowance, house rent allowance, transport allowance, and special allowance.
We hope you found the article helpful and that it could help you understand the prospects of the CHSL exam.